Pages

Friday, August 07, 2009

Young Love


A Syracuse couple has been married for 75 years. A grandson had the billboard above put up in the downtown area. But the best part of the article in the Syracuse newspaper concerning the anniversary, was the couple's descriptions of why their marriage had worked...

For Connie, togetherness creates a deep definition of love. "We do everything I can think of together. You get to know each other as the years go by," Connie said. "As days and years go by, I feel closer than I did when I first got married. He's a part of me and I pray I'm as much a part of him."

Sam defines love differently. "You just kept your mouth shut," he joked.
My wife and I have only been married 40 years, but our success is based on my own mastery of two little words - "Yes, dear."

No comments: