Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Joke Time: Bad Business

A man owned a small business, and an agent from the state's employment office came for a surprise visit.

"You say there's a problem here?" the boss inquired.

"That's what we hear, sir," the agent said. "You are required by law to cooperate."

"Whatever you boys need is fine with me," said the cooperative man.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the businessman, "there's my foreman who's been with me for nine years. I pay him $1,500 a week."

"Who else?" the agent said.

"And the office gal has been here for three years, and I pay her $450 per week."

"And?" the agent insisted, clearly looking for the businessman to admit something in particular.

"The only other one is the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He only gets about $100 per week, though he gets a bottle of bourbon every payday -- which he has to nurse along for the rest of the month. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to!" says the agent. "The half-wit that you don't even pay minimum wage!"

"Yer talkin' to him," replied the boss.

No comments: